Skip to main content

I just recently started creating Macros for my team and one thing that we noticed is that when we respond to our customers using the macro function (using one of our templates) it does not use a signature. Is there any way that when replying using the macros that it defaults to the user signature? Example below: We would like to see our company signature after “Thank you for your patience” 

Hi @athomas

To have a signature present when a message template is use, you would need to add it to the template itself. 

Just like creating a signature, you can use variables to create a signature within your message templates. Adding this signature to the bottom of your templates would allow your signatures to be present when the macro triggers and sends the message template. More on variables and configuration here: https://help.front.com/en/articles/2306 

Hopefully this helps provide some additional insight. 

Best, 
Justin

@justin thank you for the suggestion, however, the macros are used throughout the company and I wanted it simplified that the macros would default to the individual's mailbox signature. Otherwise, I would have to create a different template for everyone to include their signature.  I was also given the suggestion to have the macros to create a draft, then take over the draft would include my signature. That works but it's an extra step that management doesn’t want. Again thank you for offering different options!

Hi @athomas

Thanks for the update. I can see how that makes more sense for the company as a whole. Glad to hear that there was another workaround that makes it more useable for your workflow 🙌

Best, 
Justin