Solved

Facebook and Instagram messages not showing

• 1 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, I’m trying to sync Facebook and Instagram but they don’t show up in the inboxes. Have done the required steps… have allowed access to messages too, any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by cat_apac 1 August 2023, 06:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Ben! It looks like you also submitted this directly to our team, so we'll reply to you by email as investigating this may require checking account information with you.

I should also point out that neither Instagram nor Facebook channels will import historical messages - only new messages will sync to Front on these channel types.

Keep an eye out for our reply shortly!

Cheers,
Cat

Hi Ben! It looks like you also submitted this directly to our team, so we'll reply to you by email as investigating this may require checking account information with you.

I should also point out that neither Instagram nor Facebook channels will import historical messages - only new messages will sync to Front on these channel types.

Keep an eye out for our reply shortly!

Cheers,
Cat

Hi Cat, is historical message import on the roadmap for Front at all?

This would be a huge plus for us. We’re using Meta Business Suite’s inbox right now since it has some basic helpdesk features (tagging, assignments etc) but it’s very barebones and we’re looking for something omnichannel. (Email volume is increasing now).

Instagram is a platform where the conversation context is important, since we’re focused on forging genuine relationships with customers. We also use tags in Meta pretty extensively so mapping those to shared inbox tags would be a bonus. Losing both is a major blocker for us.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@mack Not sure if you got an answer, but I suggest you add the Facebook and Instagram imports as an idea so other Front users can vote on it and our Product team can take note of it. FYI @robby_p