Skip to main content

Hello! Just wondering if you are able to translate emails sent in another language with any feature already in Front and better yet if you are able to reply back and have it translate to whichever language the message was sent in? 

Hi Deeya, 

Front doesn’t currently offer this feature, but we do have integrations with Lingpad and Lokalise Messages that may be very helpful!

We also have an open feature request for this functionality in our Product Ideas Portal which is accessible to all users: https://front.ideas.aha.io/ideas/PRD-I-5372

Please feel free to click the Vote button on the left-hand side of the feature request to tell our team how important this update would be for your team. You'll then be subscribed to receive email updates if a feature that you submitted or upvoted is developed and shipped! 

Most of the improvements you see to Front come from ideas and suggestions like yours, so thank you for making Front even better! 🙂

Best,

Naomi O.

Hi @Deeya! Wanted to add a little bit of info as I just got this internal update related to what you’re asking about -- we’re actually testing out an automatic translation feature built into Front (so no additional integrations needed). We’re aiming to have this feature available in the future, though the team isn’t able to commit to a defined timeline yet. 

In addition, we do have an existing feature that might help, which is our AI feature to automatically translate your messages for you (granted that you’re using one of the 16 languages it currently supports). You would type out the message, click the AI button in the composer, choose Translate, and pick the language you want to translate to. 

Hi @helena,

Great to see a translate function is coming for outgoing messages, although if I receive a mail in x language it may be better to respond in my native language as the recipient will read into the tone of the translated messages, best if they know explicitly that the message has been translated.

I came with a similar request on the same topic. For incoming mails, it would be great if they could be translated, even if this feature requires some small interaction from me.