Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I’m reaching out to gather some ideas and best practices on how to effectively use Front's analytics features to optimize team efficiency in our accounting firm. We’ve started leveraging Front's analytics to improve our operations, but I’m sure there are many more ways to enhance our use of these tools.

Here are a few areas where we’ve found Front's analytics helpful, and where I’m seeking your advice:

1. Tracking Response Times: We’ve been monitoring our response times and setting benchmarks (e.g., responding to all client emails within 24 hours). This has helped us improve client satisfaction, but I’d love to hear how others are using response time data effectively.
  2. Workload Distribution: Analyzing the distribution of messages across our team has helped us balance workloads and identify peak times. What strategies do you use to ensure an even workload distribution?
  3. Identifying Bottlenecks: We’ve been able to pinpoint delays in our communication process by examining message handling and response times. How do you identify and address bottlenecks in your workflows?
  4. Client Satisfaction Metrics: Tracking client satisfaction scores based on response times and resolution rates has been insightful. How do you measure and improve client satisfaction using Front’s analytics? Additionally, how do you encourage clients to complete the 5-star rating system to ensure we get accurate feedback?
  5. Automated Reports: Setting up automated reports has been a time-saver for us. What types of reports do you find most valuable, and how do you use them to drive performance improvements?
  6. Custom Tags and Filters: Using custom tags and filters helps us categorize and prioritize messages. How do you utilize these features to enhance your team’s efficiency?

For the client satisfaction metrics, we’ve found it challenging to get clients to complete the 5-star rating system consistently. If you have any effective strategies or incentives that have worked for your firm to encourage client participation, I would love to hear about them.

I’m eager to hear your experiences and any tips or best practices you can share. Your insights will be invaluable as we continue to refine our use of Front's analytics to improve our team's efficiency and client service.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Best,

Josh

Hi there! Cat here from the Front support team.

I wanted to share a few tips from our side, although I’m sure others will have some terrific recommendations and insights for you!

1. Tracking Response Times: Our Front support team track response times to make sure that we are regularly getting back to customers in a timely fashion, so we check these metrics across our various inboxes and against our internal goals. I like the Replies chart in the Overview report to track any messages which exceeded the goal response time.
  2. Workload Distribution: Our team uses Load Balancing rules to help ensure teammates are not over-assigned. In combination with Shifts, it really helps us have a smooth day even if the queue is high!
  3. Identifying Bottlenecks: All the conversations which pass through our support inboxes get tagged so that we can categorise conversations and monitor which topics may be spiking or consistently have outlier response times. This is really helpful for identifying knowledge gaps that we can then address with educational materials internally or externally where appropriate. We use required tagging rules to ensure tags are applied.
  4. Client Satisfaction Metrics: Our team insert a CSAT survey into all our outbound replies through our signatures, we recommend this highly! There are some changes coming to the CSAT feature soon to make it a little more adaptable, so stay tuned on our product updates page!
  5. Automated Reports: I’ll leave this one for other teams to reply on!
  6. Custom Tags and Filters: Tags and Views are hugely important for our team to track different categories of conversations - they help us identify spikes in issues relating to particular topics as well as education gaps. They can also help route conversations to the relevant experts faster.

I hope this is helpful!

Cheers,
Cat

Hi there! 

Custom Tags and Filters: Using custom tags and filters helps us categorize and prioritize messages. How do you utilize these features to enhance your team’s efficiency?

We use custom tags not only for classification and prioritization, but also to identify trends. These tags can help us to spot a spike in a certain type of request. If this spike is outside of our typical seasonal spike for this type of request, we would know that we need to look into this further to see if perhaps there is a bug on the engineering side that may be causing the increase in that specific type of request.

Since we have multiple different team members responding to certain types of requests, watching analytics on the back-end can help us identify these issues more quickly, which leads to a faster resolution.