Question

Rule Set Use Cases

• 24 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all!

I am curious if anyone has any examples of how you used rule sets to make your rule library more efficient/manageable. i.e. replacing multiple rules with one rule which leverages rule sets. I am curious if and how folks are leveraging this functionality to improve workflow management and overall processes. Thank you!

1 reply

Badge +1

Hi Julia! Thanks so much for posting your question here. I’d love for someone in the community to share their experience using rule sets for their unique configuration.

In the meantime, I’d like to note that rule sets help to simplify your list of rules so that you can manage them more easily moving forward. They may be more valuable to teams that need the same rule structure in place to action based on a variety of values for each condition.

Rule sets can be used when you need multiple copies of a rule with the exact same rule condition structure that can run without too much consideration for rule order. Rule sets work best with rules focusing on keywordstagsmove actions, or assign actions.

A simple example of this would be tagging conversations based on keywords. In the past, you would need to create one rule per keyword + tag combination. For example, rule #1 would say “If body contains billing then add tag Billing.” Rule #2 would say “If body contains urgent then add tag Urgent.” Now, you can use one rule set with a table to automatically tag based on keyword rather than configuring multiple rules.

I hope this is helpful! 😊