New user making the switch from your old email to Front

• 23 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Does anyone else find themselves feeling overwhelmed, intimated and/or just scared when making the switch from their old email to the Front system?

I LOVE the features that Front offers users, but I’m an old school believer of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” lol. With my daily work I utilize email and teams for all my communications so I kind of laugh at the thought of an email that combines the two when I can easily just continue using them to be productive during my work days. Again, this is probably just me being stubborn and the fact that I don't like change.

Please feel free to share with me your thoughts and/or experiences so far during your switch.

Any tips/tricks you’d suggest? (Other than taking advantage of the community forums/courses/training Front already offers users?)

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks… Especially For Treats!

I started using CompuServe email in 1978, with an email address of 75140,1147@compuserve.net.  I started using Outlook when it was first released in 1997 and have been using it for the 27 years since.  In other words, this “Old Dog” has been using Outlook for almost 50% of his life!

I Love Front!  The capabilities (“Treats”) Front offers, to organize, prioritize and stay on top of communication, as an individual, but especially as a team, are unparalleled.  The Logistics company I’m part of, handles thousands of time-critical emails every day and our team’s productivity, accountability and yes, job satisfaction using Front, has soared.

Is Front perfect?  Nothing is.  Is Front worth learning and using?  IMNSHO (In My Not So Humble Opinion), absolutely!

My advice for getting the most out of Front is to go through all the great online training resources offered here on this site.  If you have an Admin role in your organization, become a Front Certified Administrator.  Try every feature.  Network with your team, discuss each feature and actively look for ways to use them to be more productive.  Ask questions here, you’ll find the Fronteers (Front Team Members) and other Front users/admins more than willing to assist you.

See you out Front!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@nate_camp Totally hear you. At first, I wasn’t sure how to conceptualize Front inboxes with built-in discussions versus realtime communication tools like Slack or Teams. I shared my thoughts in a similar thread here if you’re curious: 

Badge

Hi Nate, 

Understandably change can make us uncomfortable but this change can optimise your productivity, improve time management and overall is way more user friendly than any other system I’ve used previously! 

I would suggest looking through Front academy for courses to understand Front and what you can get out of it. 

Hope this helps!

Badge

Hi Nate,

I think almost everyone on my team felt the same, specially since each of us had different workflows/labels already used in Outlook/Gmail. However, even with the entry level features like tags/archive/snooze, Front has optimized our workload and processes.

Many of our teams also use other 3rd party CRMs like Gainsight/Salesforce and having everything into a single context tool, saves us sooo much time.

I’m sure you won’t want to go back after a couple of weeks!