How to Implement SLAs Across Different Time Zones

• 29 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello!

I’m very curious on how as a remote team we could potentially manage a SLA across team members across different time zones? I really think that SLAs would really benefit our account managers, but unsure how we could implement the standard across our team with us being so spread out.

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Shannon! If you have teams in multiple time zones, set workspace-level business hours to include other locations to ensure their data is captured. For instance, if your team covers both EST and PST time zones from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM respectively, but you are based in PST, then set business hours from 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM to cover all working times. I’ve included a bit more info about that here!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@shannmre one other feature that might help is to use shifts! You can automatically put your teammates on the correct shift on each time zone so that their availability is automatically changed for their shift and no messages get stuck in anyone’s inbox when they’re offline, leading to breached SLAs. Of course, you can have each teammate manually toggle their OOO status, but with a dispersed team, automating as much as you can allows you to focus on the things that really matter!