Skip to main content

How are you getting equal assignments across the Round Robin Team?

• 3 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey Community, 

Over the last few months we have been continuing to experiment with rules to attempt an equal distribution across our SMB CSM Team. With the exception to them being in multiple time zones, each of these CSMs should have equal distribution of emails daily over the full 24 hours in a day. 

What we have found consistently week or week is that 1-2 of our CSM’s typically has 2-3x the # of assignments as others. After many alterations and chatting with support we have determined that the primary reason for the outlier here is that a few CSM are exceptionally good at their job and move quicker than others.

Because this particular CSM is very quick to answer emails, he/she has more capacity for the “assigned to me” queue to continue giving more and more work. On the other side of the house, the slower CSM queues are full so they are not getting additional work throughout the day. 

Obviously I don’t want to “slow down” an efficient employee, but this system of “work harder, get more work” is unfair and punishes those while rewarding others. 

Is anyone else dealing with this, how did you resolve? 

1 reply

Badge

I was looking into this as well. It seems there’s not much to be done programmatically other than maybe setting total limits with a custom field? But anything you set up in that regard will have the negative effect on productivity that you mentioned. Seems like the best solution is the tried and true motivational approach whether that be with compensation or perhaps using analytics to show how productive everyone is. I’d also have a conversation with your best performer on what they’re doing differently the others to set themselves apart. Maybe it’s just a matter of training them to do the same things!