Question

Harnessing Front's Power with Slack Integration: Streamlining Communications and Boosting Efficiency

• 29 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Harnessing Front's Power with Slack Integration: Streamlining Communications and Boosting Efficiency

1. Does Front's Slack Integration Reduce Direct Slack App Usage?

Have companies observed a decrease in direct Slack App usage after implementing the Front Slack Integration, especially for common tasks like interdepartmental communications about order fulfillment and invoice payment?

2. Centralized Action in Front:

How has the Front Slack Integration, in conjunction with Front’s comment and Dynamic Object features, enabled companies to streamline action and conversation within Front, promoting centralized activity and increased efficiency?

3. Advocating for Front:

What strategies have worked successfully to promote Front as the primary communication platform and central hub for workflows, instead of the Slack App itself?

4. Efficiency and Cultural Adoption:

How has the Front Slack Integration impacted your team's efficiency?  Furthermore, how have you culturally encouraged its adoption, considering it lacks the social aspects of Slack like emojis and bots?

5. Post-Onboarding Slack Usage:

After transitioning to Front, how does your company's Slack usage evolve? Specifically, how do you leverage the Front Slack Integration to foster cross-team collaboration and build automations within Front?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @NS2 -- 

Robby from Front’s Product team here 👋

Great questions, really excited hear from other customers who’ve found success with Slack in Front. For some context, we have 100+ weekly active customers leveraging Slack in Front, and there is certainly an opportunity to have your internal comms benefit from Front just as much as your external customer comms. 

Dynamic objects also play a huge role in bolstering these channels. We’ve seen Support teams use Front for shipment tracking, order management systems, and much more. You’ll see a lot more dynamic object features come to Front in the coming year. 

Lastly, regarding the Slack features you called out, such as reactions and chatbots. I’d like to point out that Front also plans to lean into our non-email, chat channels in the coming year. We’re going to look for ways to support bots, reactions, replies, and other critical features to all of our chat channels. Stay tuned!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hey @NS2,

I’d like to add some input on your third question.

3. Advocating for Front:

What strategies have worked successfully to promote Front as the primary communication platform and central hub for workflows, instead of the Slack App itself?

Slack is great for quick, real-time conversations that don’t require much collaboration or in-depth discussion. Things that are relatively simple and need a quick answer. “Here’s the zoom meeting link”, “Can you look into XYZ?”, “Will you be in the office next week to meet with this client?”. 

Front discussions, on the other hand, are great for collaborating and brainstorming in more depth. You’ll have the ability to add participants, link other conversations for more context, apply tags and rules, select an assignee, etc. I’d say 70% of important works discussions happen in Front discussions for me these days, versus about 30% in Slack.

At first, the difference may not be clear, but you’ll soon gain a good intuition about it the more you use Front’s features. You’ll find yourself saying, “Let’s move this to a Front discussion” when a thread in Slack starts snowballing and the solution needs more time to crystallize or requires the input of more people.

The Slack integration itself is particularly powerful when important conversations necessarily have to initiate on Slack, but you want to apply all the collaboration and workflow automation features in Front workspace to those conversations from the get-go.

As a final point, I’d like to share some helpful community threads in which Front users discuss how they’ve adopted Front at their companies. I’m really impressed by what they’ve put together!