Question

Creating tags

• 6 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Is it possible to convert a dynamic object into a tag?
For example. We receive an email from our CRM each time when new order is created. Each email contains an unique number.
I’d like this number to be a tag.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello! 

I have not seen a way to make this happen however may I ask the reason for needing each order to be a tag? I might be able to help find another solution. 

When you have that many tags, your analytics reports might suffer some. Of course that depends entirely on what the end goal is for having these tagged. 

I assume you are hoping to track the orders by this unique number which ties everything together when filtered on a specific tag that relates to that specific order that came in. Instead of manually creating a tag, you are hoping that it could be automated. 

As far as I am aware, and research I have done, the only way a tag can be created is manually. This might be a good one to add to the Front Ideas page.https://front.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Tags can be created automatically in rules using Dynamic Variables (not via Dynamic Objects), however this is limited to customers on the Scale plan or above, 

An alternative is to connect to an integration that makes API calls to create and add a tag. A workflow could look like:
1. Rule sends to Zapier
2. Zap runs a regex / text matching to extract the content to be turned into a tag
3. Zap creates tag (creating tags via API or Zapier is effectively a “find or create operation” - if a tag with that name already exists, the API will return the existing tag)
4. Zap applies tag to conversation