Feature Update

Upcoming user experience enhancements for Front Chat, WhatsApp, SMS and more

Related products: Growth Premier Scale Starter
Upcoming user experience enhancements for Front Chat, WhatsApp, SMS and more

We're excited to announce upcoming UI and UX improvements for chat-like channels to give them the look and feel of more real-time messaging. These updates will better differentiate between inbound messages from customers, outbound messages from agents, and internal-only comments so your team can respond quickly and accurately.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll slowly roll these updates out to customers using the following channels: Front Chat, WhatsApp, SMS, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, Slack, Google Business Messages, and other third-party messaging channels. We estimate that all customers on these channels will see the changes by mid-May.

Have any questions or feedback about these changes? Please submit it here with the subject line "UI/UX for chat-like channels feedback."

Good day, 

I am unable to view the pictures that was sent by my client in this new UI.
Please assist. 
Below is the attachment:

I am also unable to view images. Please revert this until this is fixed.

Our engineering teams pushed a fix. If you refresh your app or browser, you should hopefully see that this issue no longer occurs.

There’s no option to “Send later”. Please let me know how I can get that back. 

@rpamplona Our teams are working on getting that option back. Thanks for your patience

Also:

(1) when I compose a message, I have to do this extra toggle to search for the name of the recipient. Before, when I click compose, I can immediately type a name and it will show the suggested contacts right away. It would save time if that is fixed, too.

(2) Same issue with composing a message. I need to click the uppermost right portion of the compose box to be able to type my message. Before, I could just click anywhere.

Thanks

Fixes are now live. Thanks for reporting the issues! Let us know if there is anything else that was not caught.

Whenever I click on a SMS message in Front it pops up with a new compose window. This is so frustrating. I have to close the window to read the message. It doesn’t mean because I click on a message to read it that I want to reply. Please provide a fix for this urgently.

Hi @danpg, our team is investigating the SMS pop-up window issue.

If there are any other issues, please submit your concerns here with the subject line "UI/UX for chat-like channels feedback”.

Thanks!

All fixes are now live. Hopefully that reverts behavior to the expected norm while introducing the benefits of the new UI for chat-like channels.

If there are any other noted issues or concerns, please submit your concerns here with the subject line "UI/UX for chat-like channels feedback”.

Thanks for the feedback and we appreciate your patience with the unexpected issues!

Has the option to delete drafts been removed?

Not a fan of this update. I don’t like how:

• we now have to hover over a message to see the date/time it was sent instead of easily being able to see it for any message on screen
  • It’s more difficult to switch between “2h ago” and “Date/Time” formats
  • internal comments from end users show up on the left side of the page when that’s the side the person we’re speaking to shows up on
  • Drafts are now seemingly attached to all conversation. (I’m sure there’s some use to this one, but I never liked the draft concept to begin with so maybe I’m just salty)

These are just a few minor things I noticed in the first day I was forced into this update that don’t make sense to me 

I prefer the old version rather than this new update because of the following:

1. You have to use the mouse and click on the textbox to type your message unlike before that I use CMD+R and then I would be able to type my message.
  2. Can’t see the date and time unless I hover my mouse

What I like is the chat bubble being on the left and right so I can easily determine if it’s a response from a client. 

I would like to express my discontent with this update when it comes to points other users have already mentioned:

"internal comments from end users show up on the left side of the page when that’s the side the person we’re speaking to shows up on"

"Drafts are now seemingly attached to all conversation. (I’m sure there’s some use to this one, but I never liked the draft concept to begin with so maybe I’m just salty)"

"internal comments from end users show up on the left side of the page when that’s the side the person we’re speaking to shows up on"

"Has the option to delete drafts been removed?"

Please, roll back on this.

Thanks.

Please submit your concerns here with the subject line "UI/UX for chat-like channels feedback”.