Solved

Would Dynamic Objects work for our use case?

• 29 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We’re very interested in leveraging the Dynamic Objects feature! 

The issue I’m running into is that our strings don’t have a static component like the ones shown in all examples.

To better clarify our instance, we use booking IDs that are composed of (currently) 6 digits (for example 123456). Booking IDs are assigned to bookings on an increasing basis (so the subsequent 2 bookings received would have IDs 123457 and 123458 respectively). I see also that strings cannot include spaces (so we wouldn’t be able to recognize strings from messages containing for example “I am asking about Booking 123456”). Occasionally, a customer may say “I am asking about Booking #123456”, in which case the static component of the string could be the #, however this would miss the vast majority of instances where the Dynamic Object could be applied.

Are there any solutions to this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by evano 2 October 2023, 23:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi there!

At this time, a static portion of the string is necessary for dynamic objects to work.  The static portion acts as an anchor that allows Front to unambiguously identify the targeted string.  Allowing the Dynamic Object to match to arbitrary six digit numbers would likely cause matches against non-Booking ID numbers.

The best thing to do would be to include a static string in your booking ids, i.e., BK-123456.  If you provide this format to your customers, you could use the “BK-” portion as static.