Skip to main content
Solved

Understanding WhatsApp pricing

• 6 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

I am a bit confused by the pricing of WhatsApp. The comparative table states that WhatsApp is available on all plans with third-party integration (I understand this refers to Twilio). However, there are no comparisons showing how to have the Front version. Only at checkout I find out I need the growth plan and additionally to buy 70 USD worth of credits. Are these credits on top of 1000 monthly free credits that WhatsApp provides ? 

Thank you for your time.

George 

Hi George, 

Phoebe here with the Front team. As you state, WhatsApp is available on all plans using an integration with Number (more info here) or with Twilio (more info here). 

On our website’s pricing page, we outline that connecting Whatsapp or SMS through a third party integration is supported on all plans: 

We also specify here that our native Front <> Whatsapp channel is an add-on channel available on Growth and up:  

We outline our pricing for Whatsapp in the article here: How to set up a WhatsApp channel > Pricing.

The add-on costs will be billed at $70 per 1000 conversations per month, and is required to access the  feature. It does not include an additional 1000 conversations per month provided by Twilio. 

You will be granted access to a recurring conversation limit that corresponds to your payment recurrence: 12,000 conversations per year for annual billing, 3,000 per quarter for quarterly billing, etc. These can be used at any time throughout your payment period, and you will have the option to add more conversations should you need them.

Both the initial cost and the added cost when adding conversations will be pro-rated based on the remainder of your current billing cycle. For example, if you add more conversations halfway through your billing cycle, you will pay only half of the cost of the add-on and receive only half of the conversations for the remainder of the cycle. The full amount of conversations will renew at the beginning of the next cycle. See this article for examples.

A “conversation” includes all communication to and from a customer’s phone number within a 24-hour period. 

Please feel free to read through that article and let us know if there are any other questions.