Solved

Sometimes bounced email to one domain – why?

• 5 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello. I have a problem with our emails to ONE specific domain.

Our user sends emails from a shared inbox with a Google group channel.

SOMETIMES there is an error in Front, and the email to NAME@DOMAIN.cz is not delivered.

The error in Front looks like: 

bounce / 450 4.1.8 <bounces+7887486-433e-NAME=DOMAIN.cz@front-mail.OURDOMAIN.com>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found.

There is no incoming email with info about rejected emails.

Most of the time, user’s emails to this address go uninterrupted.

Their admin can see only this log entry when the email is rejected:

Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<bounces+7887486-433e-NAME=DOMAIN.cz@front-mail.OURDOMAIN.com> to=<NAME@DOMAIN.cz> proto=ESMTP helo=<o6.front-mail.frontapp.com>

I have no info about their email server.

Deliverability in Front is set correctly. As far as I know, there are no similar problems with other domains.

What should I or their admin set up to make an uninterrupted flow of emails?

icon

Best answer by jessye 5 December 2023, 22:59

View original

1 reply

Badge +1

Hi Honza! This is a great question. Based on your description, I have a good idea of what might be causing this.

This typically occurs when there is an issue with the recipient’s provider settings, causing their address to be flagged by Sendgrid. When this happens, their address might be added to an email suppression list.

An email suppression list helps prevent your outbound email server from getting listed as a spammer. It is a list of email addresses from which you received bounce or block error messages when sending email to them. If an email address is currently on the email suppression list and you send them a new email, we block sending to that address. This helps prevent the sending mail server from being listed as a spam address due to repeated bounce errors. 

Front only maintains a suppression list for our generic SMTP forwarding email channels, which we use Sendgrid to send emails with. This article doesn't apply to Gmail, Office 365, or Custom SMTP channels. Since you are using a Google Group channel, it is considered a SMTP setup and you may see this occur.

Here’s some more information from the Front help center!

I’ll reach out to you directly to help get this specific case resolved! Thanks for writing into the community. 😁