Skip to main content
Solved

SLA trigger when moving message to new conversation

• 29 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to get a support team to follow the best practice of “if it’s a new query, move it to a new conversation”.

However, when they do this, a reply time SLA is not triggered, which I would expect to happen as a new message has been received, and a new conversation created (manually).

Is this a gap in functionality or an error?

Thanks!

Hello Angus,

How did you think up your rule?
Have you made sure that the rule also applies to the new destination box for the conversation created?
I recommend that you make sure you have a sufficiently large trigger. 

Best regards,

Benjamin

Hello Angus,

How did you think up your rule?
Have you made sure that the rule also applies to the new destination box for the conversation created?
I recommend that you make sure you have a sufficiently large trigger. 

Best regards,

Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

The rule is the standard Reply Time rule - i.e. the trigger is either “new message” or “conversation moved between inboxes”

I think this is where the problem lies - a new conversation is created within the same inbox, but it doesn’t count as a new message for the purposes of triggering the SLA rule. Does that make sense?

Hello Angus,

Yes it makes sense.
I did the same test as you and got the same result. The SLA doesn't apply in my situation either. So it really is a mistake on Front's part. I'm sorry I can't help more.

Hi Angus

Hope you are doing well!

Benjamin’s findings are correct. At the moment, conversations that have a split applied don’t initiate rules on the newly created conversation from the split. While the rules don’t currently action on this type of event, we have an idea for this in our product idea portal here: https://front.ideas.aha.io/ideas/PRD-I-2468.

We would love to receive your vote and feedback on the idea as its use cases and feedback like this that helps us shape our updates on improvements to Front!