Question

Skip "How can I assist you with..." question in Chatbot AI

• 26 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I have setup a simple chatbot that collects a device brand, and the repair that is needed for the device. Ideally after collecting these two pieces of information, the chatbot would use the connected Knowledge Base to find the article with pricing and provide the repair price back. 

Right now, the chatbot asks the question “How can I assist you with the *device model*? 

Is it possible to skip this question either through a setting or by providing more information prior to the AI Answers module? 

For further clarification, I’ve attached a screenshot below.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @SummitMitch  👋

Good question here. Right now, it’s only possible to display related Knowledge Base articles to the chat visitor when using the AI Answers module in the chat flow builder. 

However, a workaround here would be to set up rules that send specific message templates based on the device and repair type. There are a few ways you could set it up, but I’d recommend this: 

1. Create a tag for each device type and each repair type. 
2. Create rules that add those tags when customers reply with the keyword. Here’s an example: 

1. Create Message Templates for the different articles you’d like to send. 
  2. Create rules to send those message templates based on tags. Here’s an example: 

You’ll have to make different message templates for different articles, but you could use a Rule Set to keep it organized.