Solved

Rules not working for Automated "Follow-up" Messages

• 24 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi team, 

I created a rule in front. The purpose of that rule is when I send client a message (both new and current conversation) and client did not respond then front will send automated follow-up message. But it seems like this rule is not working.

Below is the rule I set.

Can anyone help me in making this rule working ?

icon

Best answer by PhoebeatFront 25 January 2024, 20:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Abdur, 

Phoebe here-- I work at Front on the Support team! 

Taking a look at your rule, I can see you’ve set the auto-reply to send Once

When creating an auto-reply rule in Front, you have two options - send the reply Once or send the reply Always:

• Once: rule will only trigger if the reply is for a single inbound message on a new conversation.

• Always: rule will send a reply every time the rule conditions are met, regardless of whether messages have been sent already.

Since the reply is being sent after an outbound email, Once will not cause the rule to trigger. You’ll want to use Always instead. We have a Help Center article here with more details on ways to create auto-reply rules: Use rules to set up auto-replies

Badge +1

Thanks Phoebe,

Automation is working now. Few clarifications regarding the same rule:

1. Additionally, I've noticed that when I send an email and include three people (more than 1 person) in the "To:" field, the automation rule only sends a follow-up message to one person. How can I adjust this rule to ensure it replies to all individuals listed in the "To:" field?

2. If I want to send automated follow-up to specific 1 person or 2 people in “To: ” field (assume having 4 people in “To: ” field). How can I do so ?

Many Thanks 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi there!

Cat here from the Front support team.

Auto reply rules can only reply to the contact - it’s not currently possible to send the auto-reply to all recipients or to specific recipients.

If this is functionality that you would like to see implemented in the future, I would encourage you to submit a request for it at this link. Our Product team reviews and publishes ideas weekly to be viewed on this list, so keep an eye out for your request and other customer's reactions to it!

Cheers,
Cat