Monday.com integration and workflow

• 6 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Conversationalist
  • 3 replies

Hello! 

Has anyone been using the Monday.com integration in your sidebar? Are you finding it useful? Time saver? How are your teams using this feature as it relates to Front? 

Some of our teams are heavy Monday.com users and some moderate users. Some of our team does not use this at all, they have no need and no access. So given all the levels our team experiences, I am trying to find the best uses for this across the board. 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Based on our data, I’m going to @mention some folks who work at companies using the Monday integration and who are also community users (it may be that their colleagues are the ones using it rather than them, though, but worth a shot!)

@Sizemore918 @alexhampton @rpamplin @jchadwick @jscottglg @catya @jagrysman @crosini @JpPuzzle @F2FTom @jared_quidley @ryanrael @Horace @tiffany @cams @bbay @erikyanez 
Do you have any experience using the Monday integration?

Hi @tiana. My time is using it. There are quite a few limitations on the native integration but I have certainly found it useful for two primary purposes. 

1. Item creation. I believe that the most useful feature of the integration is the option to add items to an existing board. 
  2. Attaching items to a conversation. Everytime you access a conversation you will see the item details on the side bar and the monday item will include a link to the conversation within Front. 

I personally had hopes that there would be an ability to edit items, adjust timelines, etc. but the integration is currently limited to adding items and attaching items to Front conversations. 

Thanks,
Ryan ​​​​​​​

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you! 

That is semi useful for us as well however, my team would need to edit items for updates. That would be the best use all around for us. Hopefully that is in the works soon! Glad to know I was not just missing it somehow. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I don’t see any ideas related to Monday, so it might be good to add the Edit feature as an idea here. That way our Product team can see it

Userlevel 1

Hi @tiana -
Here to reiterate what Ryan said ;)

Viewing an Item from a monday.com board is the main use case, for us - however sometimes we’ll create an item from Front but then we need to click through the link created to add the data needed in the columns of that board, so it’s easier for us to use the board’s ‘create an item from email’ address. In monday.com you can also create ‘custom’ email addresses for the boards you want to do that on, so I save those as contacts in Front.

We sometimes attach a conversation to a monday item, but honestly I’ve found it’s quicker to pop over to my always open monday.com tab and copy the email address used for updates on the item; then BCC or fwd the conversation so that the content of it is also on the board, rather than just a link back to Front.

Would love to see the ability to edit ALL fields (columns) from monday.com in the integration panel. We also would like to be able to track the meetings set using the scheduling links on the project boards they are related to.

HTH,
Tiffany

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Robby from Front’s Product team, here 👋 

Thank you all for your responses! Integration feedback is incredibly important to myself and the Platform team as we plan for the future. As @Javier - Developer Relations mentioned, please be sure to submit all of your Monday ideas in our Ideas Portal. That’s the best way to make sure they land on our roadmap.
💡 🛣 🚘