Skip to main content
Solved

Issues with Auto-Created Contacts in Front and Salesforce Integration

• 18 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering a problem with how Front handles new email addresses from our clients in conjunction with Salesforce.

Here’s our setup:

• We use Salesforce to store all our contacts.
  • These contacts are then imported into Front as shared contacts.

The issue arises when:

A new client emails us, or an existing client emails from a new email address.

Front auto-creates a new contact for this email address.

When we update Salesforce with the new email address, it does not merge with the existing shared contact in Front. Instead, it remains as a separate contact.

This results in duplicated contacts and can cause confusion within our team.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? Any suggestions or workarounds would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Rebecca! Thank you for posting about this 😊

It sounds like your company settings for “automatic contact creation” might be getting in the way of your intended workflow with your contacts. A Company Admin can change this in Settings > Company > Preferences > Contacts tab

We have more information on this setting here: https://help.front.com/en/articles/2336 

If the preference is currently set to “For received messages” for example, then you might want to change it to “Never” instead, and just let your contacts come over from Salesforce. 

This does mean that in those situations where a contact record doesn’t exist already, the team will need to manually add the contact information (either in SF, or in Front). 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if I can assist further 🙏

Badge

Thank you for your response.

If I do deactivate the settings for “automatic contact creation”, if we receive an email from a non contact is there a way that Front can show some sort of warning indicating that the email was received from an address that is not within our contacts so that its clear to the team that we need to manually add the contact to SF?
This is important to us since we have rules that get activated based on incoming emails that are from contacts within SF

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Rebecca,

Cat here while Luke is offline 👋

We don’t currently have a setting that would allow your team to see a warning about non-contacts but if your team are using the Salesforce integration, then they would see in the sidebar whether the contact has a linked Salesforce contact or not.

Cheers,
Cat