Question

Front Unable to Detect Internet Connection?

• 4 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I’ve never encountered this before, but a colleague has just written to me saying that Front can’t find an internet connection. He is connected, as we’ve been conversing back and forth in Slack and via e-mail, so I’m not sure what the trouble may be?

Is there a setting somewhere that puts Front into offline mode?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

“Pinging” Strategic SAAS Services Is Essential

Because you mention your colleague “writing you,” I’m guessing you’re not in the same office.  If that’s the case, there could be multiple factors in play, including VPNs, Antivirus/Malware Software, Personal/Edge routers that need to be restarted, etc.

Here’s a FREE tool I use to keep an eye on “Strategic SAAS Services,” that might be helpful.
FREEPing: Graphical Ping Utility - Ping Software | Tools4ever 

Badge

Hi Vince, thanks for writing in about this! The factors that JohnW can definitely be helpful to check to ensure they aren’t affecting your colleague’s Front connection, but if you’re able to check a few if these areas and are still unsure why your colleague continues to encounter these issues, please reach out to our Support team here: https://help.front.com/en/contact-us. We’ll be happy to dig further into this! Please provide the name/email of your teammate encountering the issue and any additional details that can be helpful, such as how often/when it occurs, if it occurs on both desktop and browser, and if the issue is affecting other teammates. We look forward to hearing back!