Skip to main content
Solved

Dynamic Objects with Mcleod TMS

• 13 August 2024
  • 4 replies

Greetings,

I understand that Front supports the integration of dynamic objects with TMS software. However, I would like to inquire if it is specifically compatible with McLeod TMS for our company's use.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,  

Marcus

I haven’t tried it, but technically yes this should be possible if you have the McLeod API set up. See the documentation hosted on your API domain for endpoints and their parameters and outputs. It’s pretty advanced for the average user, so get some help if you’re not familiar with the basics of REST APIs.

I should note that Front almost certainly makes its application requests from the backend not the browser, so if your McLeod API is hosted locally and not exposed to the internet, it wouldn't work. We haven't tried to use application objects yet so I can't say from experience.

Hi Marcus! Confirming that @bbay and @JohnW were able to successfully connect McLeod and Front using application objects (formerly dynamic objects), and this does require the McLeod API be exposed to the internet or for the data to be available via another system like Airtable.

We’ll be at the McLeod UC in September if you or the team will be there!

I can confirm that we are using application objects with our  McLeod API. Let me know if I can help!