Question

Filtering BCC sent emails from appearing as duplicates

Badge

I've been setting up a demo to test email aliases using an external SMTP. We want to ensure that a copy of every sent item is saved in our original Gmail inbox. To achieve this, I tried setting an auto BCC back to our inbox. However, this results in each outgoing message appearing twice in the thread: once as the sent item and again as a received message due to the BCC.

I have the following questions:

a) Is there a better method to achieve our goal without duplicating messages?

b) Can we set up a filter to prevent certain messages from appearing in the inbox? We can't use the BCC filter rule because the email headers don't seem to include a real BCC header.

c) Which emails in gmail are front importing? Is there any kind of filter I can set within gmail for emails I do not want front to import altogether? 

Thanks for your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi there, 

Cat here with the Front support team 🪴 thanks for reaching out.

Would a Google Group rather than a Gmail Alias type email account work for your team?

→ How to add a Google Group

When a channel is connected, all inbound messages are synced to Front. There is no way to only sync a sub-set of messages, I'm afraid, but you could set up rules in Front to target these messages and move them to another inbox with limited access to remove them from the regular inbox.

→ How to move conversations to another inbox: Can I automatically move conversations into a different inbox?

Cheers,
Cat

Badge

Hi there, 

Cat here with the Front support team 🪴 thanks for reaching out.

Would a Google Group rather than a Gmail Alias type email account work for your team?

→ How to add a Google Group

When a channel is connected, all inbound messages are synced to Front. There is no way to only sync a sub-set of messages, I'm afraid, but you could set up rules in Front to target these messages and move them to another inbox with limited access to remove them from the regular inbox.

→ How to move conversations to another inbox: Can I automatically move conversations into a different inbox?

Cheers,
Cat

Thanks for your reply, a Google group vs alias won't make a difference here, since we are dealing with the replies, that we want to end up in the same Gmail mailbox.

However I don't want to move the "conversation" I only want to hide the duplicate message that's bcc'ed. There are so many different headers in the BCC message, I'm surprised there's no way to filter them out