Skip to main content
Question

Communication with non-Front user in your company

• 5 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, new to Front. 🙂 @mentioning teammates in conversations seems to be one of the best ways to communicate with other Front users in your team but how do you best communicate with teammates in your company from other departments who are not Front users? 

“@”external.user@company.com / Slack / Etc.

You can engage external users (limits apply) using the ‘@’ function of Front.  (See below)

In the first image, you’ll see I sent an email to one of my external emails.  I then used Front’s Comment function to ‘@’ myself at another one of my external email addresses.

In the second image, you see the message I received from Front, at the ‘@’ email address used in the comment.  I replied to this message and my reply is shown in the final image.

Front also offers Integration options with Slack, Telegram, etc. as well as API integrations.

Inontime also continues to use Microsoft Teams for communication with both non-Front internal users, as well as external partners.  There is an idea in the Front Ideas Portal to add Microsoft Teams integration.  You can find and upvote it HERE

Front Message sent to External Email Recipient w/ ‘@’ Comment to Non-Front Recipient

Front ‘@’ Comment Received by Non-Front Recipient
Comment sent by Non-Front User shown in Comments