Solved

Team Member ID

• 21 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Our team leverages Zapier for a number of automations. One of the fields that we utilize is the Assignee field. This requires that we input a User ID (for example, the teammate ID’s in the form of tea_XXX) to assign the conversation to a team member. While I am able to find this ID within Zapier, it can be rather cumbersome to search for each user individually.

Question:
Where can I find the User ID for each of my teammates (or myself) within Front?

Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by Support Engineering 21 December 2022, 19:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

You have a couple of options here.

You can use the list teammates API endpoint to return a list of all teammates (including their ID) - the API is the most effective way to expose teammate IDs.

Alternatively a possibly more flexible option here is to use resource aliases rather than IDs. This allows you to reference teammates by email rather than being required to know their ID.

As an example, assigning a conversation to yourself could be done by sending either:

{"assignee_id": "tea_XXX"}

or

{"assignee_id": "alt:email:john@example.com"}

I hope this is helpful - Please let me know if you have any further questions.

--Jason

Badge +2

Thank you for the quick response + clear examples. I'll look to explore the proposed resource aliases.

To confirm, is there any way to identify the assignee_id directly in Front (i.e., in settings)?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

No, we don't list teammate IDs (the assignee_id) in settings anywhere. It is only accessible via the API.