Solved

"Reply Time" calculation methodology issue

• 12 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am fetching “Reply Time (avg)” Metric from Core Front API on weekly basis.

The problem I'm encountering is that when there are no replies sent on a particular day, the reply time for that day is recorded as 0. However, when calculating the average weekly reply time, I don't want to include these 0 values if there are no replies on that day. How can I retrieve this metric accordingly?

Because of 0s the “Reply Time (avg)” is getting significantly lowered.

I'm open to alternative methodologies/approaches to address this issue.

icon

Best answer by evano 13 February 2024, 00:24

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Based on the provided image, the weekly average "Reply Time" is currently calculated as follows:

= (2h 4mins + 4h 58mins + 5h 57mins + 4h 43mins + 6h 42mins + 0 + 0) / 7 = 4h 36min

However, I'm seeking to calculate it differently:

= (2h 4mins + 4h 58mins + 5h 57mins + 4h 43mins + 6h 42mins) / 5 = ______________

This adjustment excludes the impact of days with no replies on the weekly average. Since there were 2 days with zero replies, I removed them from the calculation and reduced the number of days to 5.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi abdur_siddiqui,

A member of our support team will reach out to you shortly, as average Reply time should be per-conversation, not per-day.

Reply time (avg)

Badge +1

Hi team,

Just to follow-up on this. 

And also how can I retrieve average reply time of all the replies (not the arg. time reply within conversation but the overall avg. reply time).

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

abdur_siddiqui

I’m not sure I understand the distinction you’re making; would you please elaborate?