Solved

Issues with Zapier and Front API

• 8 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m working on setting up an automation between Front and Clio (law firm management software that my firm uses), and have to use the Front API through Zapier’s API Request Beta. I currently have a Company Rule in Front that triggers off of adding a tag to a conversation and then sends a POST to a Zapier webhook. I’m trying to then pull conversation fields via the below API GET request, but an receiving the error seen in the below screenshot. 

I’m adept with Zapier and have used it with Front previously, but unfortunately the specific process automation I’m building requires use of the API and I’m admittedly not super familiar with dealing with those requests. Any suggestions to get the GET request pinging the conversations end point working?

icon

Best answer by justin 11 December 2023, 18:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

403 means “Forbidden”. Do you have the “private resources” scope selected for the Front API token being used to authenticate the request?

This error is commonly experienced when incorrect or inadequate permissions are available for the API token being used. My initial recommendation would be to check the token being used for these requests and ensure that it has shared and private resources selected for scope within the token’s configuration in Front. The example in your screenshot is located within a teammate’s personal inbox and the token would need the appropriate “private resources” scope to fetch the conversation. 

Best, 
Justin