Solved

How to send a draft?

• 18 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have created a draft using this endpoint: https://dev.frontapp.com/reference/create-draft

Now my draft is done and I want to send it using the api. How do I send my draft?

icon

Best answer by justin 18 January 2024, 19:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, Guillaume 👋

While there is not an endpoint aimed at sending a preexisting draft, I would suggest using the Create Message or Create Message Reply endpoints to compose and send a message via API. The endpoint for creating drafts is intended for use where a message may need in-app revision by an actual teammate. 

Thanks, 
Justin

Badge +2

What’s the point of creating a draft you can’t send?

Also, I want to create a draft because I want to create a draft and then update it in many different stages through api.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, Guillaume 👋

With this endpoint, users commonly create a draft via API that receives teammate interaction and revision within the Front app. As a result, those teammates send the message once they have had a chance to review the draft. 

While this feature is not currently available in Front, I’m happy to pass this feedback along to our product team.

Most of the improvements you see to Front come from ideas and suggestions like yours, so thank you for making Front even better!

Best, 
Justin