Solved

How to Add / Update Front contacts using plugin sdk

• 27 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello all!

I am finding that the plugin sdk does not allow for CRUD operations on front contacts. Is this correct?

If this functionality is not available I am assuming I need to work with the core API.

Is there a javascript library to work with the core api?

icon

Best answer by jason 28 February 2023, 19:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Ian,

Yes - that is correct, the Plugin SDK does not support CRUD operations on Front Contacts (feel free to submit a feature request if this is something you’d like to see in the future!).

You are correct that you will need to work with the Core REST API from the server-side of your plugin application. 

We do not have any officially supported JS library, but our REST API docs are well documented, include basic examples in Node.JS, and include examples of the structure of responses you will receive from each API call.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Badge

Thanks Jason, for confirming. I will interface with the core api from the backend.

cheers

Badge

Something I noticed, the data model for contact from the plugin sdk does not match the model from the core API. So there is an extra transformation that needs to take place.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hey Ian,

It’s true that the data models available in the Plugin SDK do not perfectly match the Core API resources. There are varying reasons for this, mostly due to improvements in how some of the data was structured in the Plugin SDK versus the Core API, as well as some simplifications that were made by the teams when these models were created. 

I agree that the optimal experience would be to maintain parity between the models in the future, both for feature richness and to reduce the burdens of transformation. Feel free to submit an idea about this if you’d like.

Thanks for building on Front and participating in the community