Solved

Help with List inbox conversations

• 6 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

We are trying to use Front API as an integrated resource, but we are to figure out why some conversations doesn't appear in the List inbox conversation endpoint's results.

1. We noticed that when conversations have a subscribed teammate, it doesn't appear in the endpoint's results.
2. We have some cases that even when there isn't any subscription events, it also doesn't appear in the List inbox conversation result. We tried to move into another inbox and return to the original and it didn't work either.

Could you explain why this happens and if there is some other endpoint that we could use to show all conversations listed in the inbox, despite the subscribes event?

This is a very important resource for our operation team and it would be nice if could find a solution for these issues.

Thank you so much for your help.

icon

Best answer by Support Engineering 6 January 2023, 19:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

When you use that endpoint, you will get 50 results back from your API call, which is our default page size limit for requests such as this one which could otherwise return a limitless number of resources.  You'll also notice that the response contains a _pagination.next link.  If you make another API call to that link, you will get the next page of results.  You can continue to chain API requests this way until you get through all the pages.

I will be the first to admit that our documentation here needs a bit of work (which we do have planned), but there are two places with a bit more detail that I can share with you.

Firstly, the configurable limit and page_token are both mentioned in our public API docs here: https://dev.frontapp.com/reference/list-conversations

Secondly, we loosely document that _pagination object in the response body here: https://dev.frontapp.com/reference/response-body-structure

Hopefully, those provide a bit more info if you need it.  Do you mind fetching some of those other pages and letting me know if the conversations you did not see show up on a subsequent page of the results?

Thank you!

--Kyle

Badge +2

Hello Kyle!

It is more clear now! Thank you so much for your support, it really helped!