Solved

Front API - delete notes or comments

• 28 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

We are currently using the Front API to post to conversations a summary of the customer’s previous interactions with us. We are using Front Comments to do so. The issue is that we are dynamically updating the summary every time a new message from the customer is received, which often creates multiple, long comments in the conversation interface, which is annoying as it bloats the screen and makes the conversation difficult to read.

Ideally I would like to remove old comments every time a new comments comes in. However, the Front API core reference does not offer any solution to update/remove comments. I have also tried Notes to accomplish the same, but run into the same issue. Another possible solution would be to update Notes with the new summary. 

Do you have any solution to the above?

Jacopo

icon

Best answer by jason 28 June 2023, 18:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @jacopo , you’re right that Contact Notes and Comments can not currently be edited or removed via the API (but feel free to raise this via our Product Ideas Portal to see if it is something that can be implemented in the future).

The solution I’d suggest in this case would be to consider building a sidebar plugin. This allows your teammates to fetch this contextual information automatically when they open the plugin, but it only appears in the plugin (not on the conversation), so it keeps the conversation view clean.