Skip to main content

Hi - As of now, we have a Customer Account plugin (which pulls all the info from our database) which can be accessed via the Side Panel but we’re finding we consistently need to navigate further into the Customer Account in order to action a very common request from our Customers. I would like to know if Front is able to accommodate a custom dashboard plugin that displays the necessary tools to action these very common requests from our Customers. Thank you.

Hi @caseydent

I’m not sure what your current plugin is capable of but our Plugin SDK can be utilized to construct a custom plugin. A custom plugin in Front could utilize a combination of the Context API and Core API the perform relevant requests on the selected conversation. 

You can of course implement your own API calls or logic into the plugin to fit your needs as well. Let me know if you have any other specific questions in regard to the SDK or API endpoints that we can help with. 

Best, 
Justin 

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your response! At the moment, we have our own Backend with our Customer Accounts, which we are pulling into Front, as it is in our Backend, via a Side Bar plug in however this setup is less than ideal for us due to the amount of clicks and navigation we need to do in the Side Bar plug in.

Ideally we would want to lump together particular tools from a Customer Account into a customised dashboard (which I/we would design) so we have the most commonly used tools at the ready, one click, as opposed to the way it is now - clicking through a Customer’s account to action these common requests etc. 

Any suggestions on how we could achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!