Solved

Attachment file name issue while using 'Download Attachment' endpoint

• 3 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Conversationalist
  • 1 reply

When working with certain file names, I've noticed an issue with the 'Download attachment' endpoint. Specifically, when using this endpoint, the returned file has an incorrect name. For instance, if I send a message with the file name 'filename_MM/DD/YYYY.format' and then utilize the 'Download attachment' endpoint, the retrieved file is named 'YYYY.format' instead of the expected 'filename_MM/DD/YYYY.format'. Strangely, the file name appears correctly when using the 'Get message' endpoint to retrieve the attachment within the message.

I would appreciate your guidance on identifying the cause of this discrepancy and suggestions on resolving the issue associated with the 'Download attachment' endpoint. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by justin 3 January 2024, 19:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Aaya!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this. We were unable to reproduce this issue, which implies it may be an issue with how the download is being saved.

If you would like to reach out to our support team for further investigation, they could assist further with the personal details and examples where you’re seeing this occur. 

Thanks, 
Justin